What do I need to do before taking lessons?
You CANNOT drive on the road without a Provisional Driving License. You can apply for a provisional driving licence when you’re 15 years and 9 months old.
You can start driving when you’re:

  • 17 if you want to drive a car
  • 16 if you want to ride a moped or light quad bike

Your licence will say when you can start driving different vehicles.

How and where do I apply for a Provisional Driving Licence?
Get your first provisional driving licence from DVLA online. Apply using your Government Gateway ID.
If you don’t have one or need to re-register, you’ll get an ID as part of your application.
Or Pick up a D1 form from your local Post Office

Can you help me with the theory test?
Yes. We can help you understand any difficult questions and recommend the most useful books, DVDs
And use our Free Theory Test Pro online help

Can I start driving lessons before I have passed my theory test?
You don’t need to have passed your theory test in order to start driving lessons. All you need is your Provisional Licence.

How do I apply for a theory test?
You can book online or by phone 0300 200 1122
You will need your driver number from your Provisional Licence and a credit / debit card to pay.

When can I take my Practical Driving Test?
Once you have your Provisional Licence and have passed your Theory Test, you can then apply for your Driving Test, but be guided by your Driving Instructor as to when you are ready

How do I book my Driving Test?
You can book your test Online or by phone, 0300 200 1122 you will need a valid UK provisional driving licence, your theory test certificate number and a valid debit or credit card for payment (Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro and Solo cards are accepted)

What is Pass Plus?
Pass Plus is an extra six hour driving course for pupils who have passed the driving test. Pupils who reach a suitable standard are sent a certificate which may allow them cheaper insurance.

What payment do you accept?
We accept cash, cheque bank transfer and cards (surcharge applies)

Can I have more than one lesson a week?
Some pupils have 3 or 4 lessons per week. It really depends on how fast you wish to learn and instructors availability.

Can I be picked up and dropped off in a different place?
Lessons are conducted on a one to one basis with no car sharing. Pupils are collected from home, college or work place.

Which car will I take my practical driving test in?
You are able to take the practical driving test in your own car. To do this your car must be in a road worthy condition, have L-plates visible from the front and back of the car and a further interior mirror for the examiner’s use. Most students prefer to take the practical driving test in their driving instructor’s car as this is the car that they will be most used to.

How long is each lesson?
Lessons consist of 1, 1½ and 2 hours. Most pupils tend to prefer 1½ or 2 hour lessons as 1 hour isn’t quite enough and greater progress can be made.

How long will it take me to learn to drive and how many lessons will I need?
Every learner is an individual ccording to D.S.A.statistics, the average pupil who passes their test would have had 47 hours of professional tuition, plus an average of 20 hours of private practice but this can vary considerably between individuals and level of tuition provided.

How long does the practical driving test last?
The practical driving test lasts approximately 35-40 minutes and will entail driving on different types of roads with various road conditions. In addition to this you will be asked to perform 1 reversing manoeuvre , and potentially an emergency stop exercise and also a 10 minute independent drive.

What are the Show Me Tell Me questions?
Before your Driving Test starts, the Examiner will ask you 2 questions. 1 ‘Tell Me’ question on car safety and maintenance which will require an explanation and 1 ‘Show Me’ question that will require roadhouse physically check something.
View Show Me Tell Me Questions.

Are there any Driving Test waiting times?
Yes It varies throughout the year. And from Centre to Centre

Foreign Driving Licence Holder
The holder of a foreign driving license should check with the DVLA (Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency) for their individual status. Some licences can be exchanged direct. Other licence holders will require the issue of a provisional licence and have to go through the process of the theory test and then the practical test to drive in the UK.